Sunday, June 19, 2011

to my dad...


happy father's day to my dad... he is an incredible man and i am more than lucky to have him as my dad.   how many dads will go on a 4 hour drive with you and talk the whole way?  how many dads watch sappy, sad movies with you and cry more than you do?  how many dads still take your mom on date nights once a week and not only that but truly love spending that time with her?  how many dads still tell your mom how beautiful she is and how much he loves her?  how many dads love to play basketball {prison rules only} with their 10 children?  how many dads just call to say "i love you?" how many dads would give up a job, money, the world and anything for their family?  how many dads love being a dad as much as my dad?  my list could go on and on, but my point is, there certainly aren't many and that is why i'm so lucky.   i love you dad... thanks for being you,  thanks for setting such a great example of what a good father and husband truly is,  thanks for being so good to me and thanks for being my dad.   happy father's day to the best dad around.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...